We know: Childcare can be one of the most expensive “bills” of our lives, and finding the best option for children can be a daunting task. We’ve all been there on those mornings, one eye twitching, when your babysitter says they can’t make it, or your child can’t go to daycare because they’re sick, meaning that you have to take a day off of work to tend to them.
In 2021, Nannies are beginning to come up into the childcare conversation as being one of, if not the best, options for childcare, and it’s for good reason! Nannies come with a wealth of information and will have experience and/or have qualifications that enable them to provide excellent care for your child.
Here are some highlights on what Nannies can offer:
- Your child stays in a familiar environment and can stick to routines.
- They receive one-on-one attention.
- They’re exposed to fewer germs and viruses.
- It’s convenient.
- You have the option of adding additional duties, such as light housework or grocery shopping.
Sounds like a solution your household needs? Keep reading to find out the 20 reasons why you should hire a Nanny in 2021.
20 Benefits of Having a Nanny:
- Nannies typically stay with one family for years, so there are fewer caregivers that your kids will have to adapt to. Any issues or problems with the childcare can be discussed and amended as appropriate due to personal relationships. This means that if the parents or the nanny would prefer a certain aspect of the day changed, they can discuss it easily and come up with a solution. She will get to know you and learn the types of decisions you would make for the kids, creating a safe atmosphere for open communication.
- If you travel for work, a nanny can watch the children while you're away.
- The amount of trust that a family and nanny build over the years is truly priceless. Children will have the security of having a strong attachment base from their nanny, whilst their parents or guardians are away from home. This helps children to feel emotionally strong and safe. Parents can also feel reassured that their child is able to form a loving relationship with a nanny who knows them well and has emotional attachment rather than just a “work” attachment relationship.
- The Nanny will not only notice when you’re running low on essentials like toilet paper or cereal , but can pick them up for you at the grocery store. It will be a weight lifted off of your shoulder to have someone who can shop for household goods whilst you are at work.
- Because she’s so tuned into your child, your nanny will quickly notice unusual behaviors, like new anxiety or sleep issues that could indicate something needs your attention.
- As the nanny will be in the family home, the parents have more opportunities to spend time with their child if their schedule allows. For example, parents can come home for lunch or a break and be able to spend some time with their child, whereas if the child was at a daycare, they wouldn’t be able to do this as easily.
- Hiring a nanny will help children become familiar with other people, due to the activities that nannies will arrange for the child with your approval. Your children will enjoy a rich and varied day, which will help with their social development.
- Since they won’t be around a big group of children, your kids will have less exposure to the common viruses that spread.
- When your child is sick for a couple of days, you won’t be stuck paying daycare fees, while also having to take time off from work to stay home with your child.
- You don’t have to worry about making strict pick up or drop-off times. If you’re running late from work, you can decompress in the car knowing that you don’t have to race down the road to avoid late fees.
- Your kids eat familiar foods.
- You don’t have to make and pack lunches. The kids are at home, so they can eat whatever is in the fridge. Or, the nanny can take them out for lunch.
- When you hire a nanny, you make the schedule and benefit from the flexibility. You don’t have to worry about picking up or dropping off your kids at daycare at a set time.
- If you hire a live-in nanny, you have even more flexibility. She is always there and available for whenever you need her, no matter the time of day.
- Nannies will seek out developmentally appropriate and stimulating activities tailored to the individual needs of your children.
- Your kids can play outside for as long as you want them to be.
- If you have several kids, it can be cheaper to hire a nanny than to send them all to day care. You don’t have to worry about paying outrageous daycare fees for your whole tribe.
- Your home is under control when you walk in the door. Not only are your kids cared for, but your house is nice and tidy when you come home.
- You can have a date night with your significant other and not have to worry about rushing home to the kids or having the kids staring in your face as you and the Hubs share popcorn at the movies.
- Your nanny has likely been through potty training more times than you have and knows all the tricks to make it successful. Trust me, you’re going to welcome their help with this one!
Parents who have good nannies swear by them! Nannies don’t just have to be employees, they can grow to be close friends and extended members of your family. Nannies provide parents with more free time to spend with their children, as well as free time and relaxation periods for the adults, too. The added help is stable, efficient and reliable. If hiring a nanny, be it part time or full time, fits the needs of your household, don’t hesitate to get the added assistance. It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks about it, what matters is the comfort and well-being of your family.
With the added help of a nanny, gone are the days where you have to rely on inconsistencies with a relative watching your kids, or with the hassle of daily pickups and drop-offs at a center. You can kick your feet up and rest assured at night knowing that you made the right decision for your children by hiring a nanny. Your peace of mind, sanity, and home will thank you for it.